Home Image Map

Friday, May 8, 2015

Parent Communication #2GETHERWEAREBETTER

Happy Friday!

I'm linking up with Angie and Ashley for their #2GETHERWEAREBETTER linky this month.


I love this linky idea and missed getting in on the first one. I pinned it though so I can go back and read all about schedules, schedules, schedules. I'm kind of a schedule nerd...always curious how others fit it everything in so it is the perfect resource for me!

Okay, back to the present linky theme - parent communication.


My main tool of communication is my weekly newsletter, so that is what I'll focus on. I also use e-mails, phone calls, and if needed behavior notes.

This year I changed to a different type of newsletter and homework system which I absolutely love. It was inspired by Amanda Madden


I used to feel like my weekly newsletter was a waste of time. It seemed the parents rarely read it...or at least it seemed like it based on the questions I received.

When I stumbled on Amanda's homework mini-series, it solved two of my "problems." Homework and a newsletter that went home and most likely got tossed in the trash right away.

I love my new style of homework and so do my parents. It is absolutely the BEST change I made in my classroom for this year. If you want more details about my new homework system, click here

Every Monday, the newsletter is put in the front of their homework folder (Nicky's Parent Communicators are the best). Students keep it there all week and pull it out to track their STAR homework. That means it is constantly in front of parents and students.

Okay, now I'm off to the Avengers: Age of Ultron with my daughter for an early birthday present.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.