Home Image Map

Saturday, July 23, 2016

A Little B2S, a Freebie, and a Little Fun...

Hello there!

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday to give you some random pictures from my week.


1

I don't know about you, but I have to ease in to working in my room. I typically stop by a few times and look at the mess that awaits me before I actually decide to dive in. Ha!

I stopped by one day last week and worked for a just a bit. My daughter helped with some bulletin boards (so thankful--could not do them due to the shoulder surgery).

This is the bulletin board across the hall. I typically choose something I can keep up all year, so  I'll be posting student work here.
2

In preparation for starting the Super Improver Wall, I'm rereading my Whole Brain Teaching book. I have added several elements of WBT over the last couple of years and love them all (so do my students). I was hesitant to start the Super Improver Wall because it seemed like a lot of work to me. 

Last year, I realized my management system was already a lot of work and I ended up abandoning parts of it and talking individual goals with students anyway. So this year, I'm keeping it simple with the Super Improver Wall--no other "fluff," in line with my core beliefs, and focuses on individual improvements!

This quote is the motivation for me to go for it:
 

I have found a ton of free Super Improver Wall headers on TPT, but what I couldn't find was name cards like I wanted. 
 
I wanted editable so I could type in the names, and I wanted the visual of how many stars they needed to earn to move to the next level. 

That means a freebie for you! 
If you snag it, please be so kind as to leave feedback. :-)

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Editable-Super-Improver-Wall-Name-Cards-2652193

If you don't use the Super Improver Wall, I think you could use them for punch cards as well.

3

I first saw these craft keepers in April, and I knew I had to have them to organize my "I have...who has...?" games and task cards.
I was thrilled to see them marked down at Michael's and a coupon that could be applied. I picked up two of these for $16 each! 


I plan to use one for reading and one for math. LOVE it!

4

We didn't get to take our home missions trip to MN, but since the my husband and kids were off work we took a quick trip to Oklahoma City. 


We went to Riversport Adventures. 
I was seriously bummed that I couldn't participate with them (that shoulder again), so we will have to go back next year. Although, I will avoid the high stuff (yikes)!

5

My birthday is on Monday, so I scheduled a Stitch Fix to get some back-to-school clothes. I've told you before...I hate shopping, so paying extra is worth it to me AND it gets me out of my comfort zone (as I am fashion challenged). :-)

I was so excited to get it early, and it is definitely a 5/5 so I get the 25% discount too! Happy Birthday to me!
 



Not pictured: a necklace. 
I LOVED this fix! I probably wouldn't have tried on any of this if I were out shopping on my own, but I was able to put together quite a few outfits with these pieces plus what I already own. 

Disclaimer: If you use the Stitch Fix links in this post, I will receive a $25 referral credit (and I thank you!).

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! 

My plan is to bombard you with classroom pictures next week (if I can get in gear). I love to be set up in July, so when I go back in August I can focus on lessons and paperwork...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.