Home Image Map

Monday, September 9, 2013

Watter Bottles, Daily 5, and Teacher of the Year...

Water Bottles
 
So how many of you saw that pin this summer with the water bottle cages on the classroom chair?
 
I did and I sought out a way to make it happen! The thing is those cages are not cheap...so I gave up.
 
I then bought a hanging shoe rack, but after realizing I had absolutely nowhere to hang it...gave up again.
 
When I saw Kristi's classroom tour, I immediately texted her about where she got the holders in her pictures. The answer...Wal-Mart...a set of 4 for about $2. These are actually cup holders with a hook on the top (I had to snap mine off because I didn't have a bar going across like Kristi) from the automotive department.
 
Ta-da! My hubby put them all on for me this Saturday. We used two zip-ties on each and tested them with three different water bottles. Seems like they are going to be PERFECT!
Daily 5

We are hard at work on establishing our Daily 5 routines and since I keep forgetting to take pictures during the school day (take a peek at my schedule and you'll forgive me), here's our anchor charts. I love having a "wall of charts" this year...even if it is actually a "whiteboard of charts."



 
This week, we are going to start Work on Writing and Listen to Reading. My goal is to start my Daily 5 rounds next week. I'm so ready to get into a routine and to start my small group teaching!
 
Teacher of the Year

 
I got to see Kristi and a group of my former coworkers on Saturday at the Kansas Teacher of Year banquet. You may remember Kristi was selected district teacher of the year and this was the regional banquet. There were 7 of us who went to surprise her and we were even able to work it out for her mom to come. Kristi was so surprised. The look on her face when her mom came in was priceless. She was not chosen as a finalist, (they obviously made a mistake) but it was neat to see my sweet friend honored at the banquet. She is such an amazing teacher and definitely deserved it!
 
Have a great week!



2 comments:

  1. Love that idea for water bottles! I was also looking for a cheaper way to do it. I looped with my class and they were so used to having a water fountain in the classroom-we don't this year. I know it's good for their brains to be hydrated! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting Read to Someone tomorrow. It's always a good feeling to get the whole thing up and running well. Congrats to Kristi for such an honor.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.