Home Image Map

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Lots of things going on!!!

Sorry for the late post, I'm not sure where this week has gone but I can say it has been pretty hectic. Starting on Monday, we had to say our good-byes to our 12 year old dog.  :-(  He was diagnosed back in December with cancer and his tumor had gotten a lot bigger and he was getting weaker.  My husband and I didn't want him to suffer therefore, we had him put to sleep.  



Now our other dog that is 2 years old is missing him terribly.  We are trying to give her as much attention as possible.  Now, we are debating if we should get another puppy.  They say that Siberian Husky dogs do better with having a companion.  My problem is that I don't know if this old lady can keep up with a puppy!  We will see!


Tuesday-I woke up with a fever and ended up having to get a substitute for the day.  I will say that I slept until 11 and then from 12-3:30.  I went to the doctor at 4:30 and back home and asleep again at 8:00 until my alarm in the morning.  The sleep was very nice!  

Along with being sick, my stepdad had surgery to remove some kidney stones.  Everything went great with the surgery.  

Wednesday-At our school, we do AR reading and if the kids had an 85% average on their AR tests then they got to go bowling in the morning.  Our librarian set it all up.  The kids had a blast!



Thursday-We started our 10 day countdown like Crystal was talking about in her last post.  Only we didn't do balloons because my co-teacher doesn't like the popping of the balloons.  She came up with the idea of using little cups, pinning them on the bulletin board and putting tissue paper around them.  Well, when putting it together I had to tweak it some because it just wasn't working out for me.  (I'm not very crafty).  


Today, if they hadn't moved their owl down yesterday for behavior they got to do what was in the cup and it was painting.   They were thrilled!  We haven't used paints too much this year so this was a real treat!

I've made it through so far and now tomorrow is our field trip to the zoo.  It is supposed to rain here but we are hoping it holds off until we come back from the zoo..........fingers crossed!

Have a great day!





3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your dog. Pets are a part of our family. You and your family are in my thoughts.

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I'm SO sorry to hear about your sweet dog. I know how hard it is to lose your furry friends.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Pets are members of the family and there absence causes such heart ache! I'm sure he is in heaven pain free!

    Katie
    Mind Sparks

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.