Home Image Map

Friday, May 15, 2015

Don't Hate Me...But I'm Done!

Happy Friday, friends!

Yes, it is true. 

Today was my last day.

We use a condensed calendar which means we have longer days (than most schools), and we are able to start in late August and dismiss in mid-May.

Kristi is very jealous of this condensed calendar thing.

Here's proof:


Some could argue that I was rubbing it in. 
But her response... LOL!

And just so we are clear...the condensed calendar results in less days without kids, and Kristi has sent me many e-mails/texts about her relaxing work days while I was teaching. So I think it all evens out.

Anyway, I've seen the countdowns. 

I know some of you still have a few days left while others have A LOT. Yikes!

I thought this picture was appropriate for ALL of us--no matter where we are in the countdown.


Today was (thankfully) a half day. 
It was Rodeo Day (think western themed Field Day because, well, we are a country school). I said good-bye to the best class I have ever had. 
I cried. 
A lot.

And then I came home and took a two hour nap.


P.S. Some thought I cried knowing the kind of class I will have next year. I promise that was not the case. Even though this week as I dealt with one student about having good manners, the first grade teacher was dealing with four students doing some not so nice talking with their fingers. (insert scared emoji face here)

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I'm jealous too;). I still have six more weeks to go. Enjoy your well deserved break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb. I will enjoy the break. Six weeks! Wowser! Hang in there!

      Crystal

      Delete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.