Home Image Map

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Wisdom for Wednesday-Praises of God

Welcome to another week of:



Last weekend, I was invited by a friend of mine to go listen to Priscilla Shirer.  She is an excellent speaker if you have never heard her.....I would recommend going to see her if she is ever close to your town.  Anyways, I ended up purchasing one of her books called Can We Talk?   I have started to do the book study and Oh  boy has it opened my eyes and makes me see that I have a lot of work to do.  :-)

This was one of the quotes that she had in the book and it is so true.  Every word that we speak should make God happy and pleased.  Unfortunately, I know that if I look at every word that comes from me, it wouldn't always please God.  For example:  Complaining........I have to admit I do this whether it be I'm tired, don't feel good today etc......if my mouth is full of all of that there is no room left for God's praises.  There are always those little things (speaking for myself) that can easily fill our mouths that will take away from God's praises.  I want God to be pleased with what he hears from me.  My question to myself this week after every day is: What did my mouth contain most frequently:  God's praises or criticism/judgement and complaining?  I'm working on it leaning towards God's praises on a daily basis.

James 3:8-11 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be. Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

Hope you have a great day!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, man, great quote. I've never heard Priscilla - I've thought about doing one of her studies, so thanks for the recommendation. Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me want to grab her book.

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.