Home Image Map

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Five for Saturday!

Five for Saturday just doesn't have the same ring to it as Five for Friday, but I'm linking up anyway. 


I actually just walked up to the school to take these pictures since I completely forgot take pictures all week. If you remember from last week, I'm in survival mode people.

1

Speaking of survival, I have our 10 day balloon countdown ready to go. I love this! Such a simple incentive for good behavior at the end of the year. I have one simple rule. If you get a mark (that is our school-wide behavior system), you do not do the next balloon activity. Easy Peasy.


We will be having Ink Pen Day, Rearrange the Room Day, Ice Cream Day, Science Experiment Day, Puzzle Day (this class LOVES puzzles), Extra Recess Day, Kickball Day, Mystery Readers Day (reading with the K class), Movie Day, and Have a Kool Summer (gift from me) Day!


2

Our garden beans are sprouting! These are the ones we planted in cups. The ones in the paper towels may have gotten a little to wet. Some are sprouting, some are molding. Teacher FAIL.



3

We interviewed a friend, wrote biographies, and then typed them up. Yes, typed them! That part took us a good week or two, but the result is cute. Hee Hee!


We have an odd number, so one of my students wrote about me and drew a picture of me. Love the KU shirt! Not sure why I have brown tips and blonde roots--it should be the other way around…ha!





4

The Spring program is Monday. Praise the Lord! I am so ready to be done with it. Those of you that don't know I am the 2nd grade teacher AND the K-2 music teacher. Music is a challenge for me and well, let's just be honest, I hate teaching music! It is because I am a perfectionist and I know I'm not good at it, so…

Enough about that. Here's a neat-o quilt the students made squares for that will be auctioned off on Monday night. It is so cute! Dr. Seuss theme!






5

Teachers Appreciation Week is next week--which means SALES! I already started my wish-list shopping. Both of our stores are on sale, so shop away and enjoy the Teachers Appreciation discounts!





Have a great week! 



P.S. Or #6 or whatever…we are saying goodbye to my daughter's 29-year-old horse, Cosmo, today. :-(


So thankful we did a little "photo shoot" with him a few months ago before he got too bad. We are all broken-hearted, but it is time...


8 comments:

  1. Oh, bless your heart & your daughter, too. Your photos of Cosmo will be a wonderful memory.

    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your horse! It's so sad but the picture is beautiful.
    And I'm a litttttlllee bit jealous that you only have ten days left! I have 35!

    Katie
    Teaching Voracious Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. When I got those pictures developed, they actually made me sign a waiver saying they were not copyrighted. Who knew an iPhone could do that? Ha! And 35? Yikes! Hang in there!

      Crystal

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry for your loss!

    Your balloon countdown is such a great idea! What a memorable way to close the school year!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hannah.

      The kids love the countdown. They get so excited to pop the balloon every morning!

      Crystal

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry about Cosmo. (Good luck on Monday.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammy. We're doing okay. Miss seeing him out there when we step outside or get home, but we are adjusting.

      The program went great--I'm told. I, of course, notice my mistakes, but apparently others did not! The kids looked to cute, I suppose, to focus on my lack of directing skills!

      Crystal

      Delete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.