Home Image Map

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wisdom for Wednesday - Whine or Worship?

August 7th! I can't believe it! I know many of you have already started back to school, many of you are getting really close to having to report back, and still others who have a few weeks of summer freedom left... I'm one of the "luckier" ones. I don't report back until August 16th (new teachers only). School begins on August 22nd. I'm starting to feel the crunch and found a quote for this week's edition of Wisdom for Wednesday that we may all need right now!
 


This quote was taken from Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh DeMoss, which I would highly recommend.
 
I thought this was fitting for this week because I know as we get back into the routine of school, it is very easy to whine and complain about all that we have to get done. And let's face it, whining and complaining is contagious!
 
I don't want to be the cause of bringing any of my coworkers down.  I even chose Philippians 2:14, "Do all things without murmurings and disputings:" as my verse for last year. It is just so easy to get caught in the grumbling and complaining that sometimes accompanies our profession.
 
Instead I want to focus on the positive--we get to teach precious little kids--and let that attitude keep me going...even when we're are faced with all kinds of bumps in the road...
 
MTSS (or RTI if you're not in Kansas)...
Common Core...
Scheduling issues...
Teaching assignments...
Paperwork and politics of teaching...
 
...just to name a few.
 
Obviously, the quote reaches far beyond teaching. I don't know about you, but I'm going to choose to worship and focus on the positive this year. :-)
 
Have a blessed day!
  

4 comments:

  1. It's way too easy to join the whiners. Making the decision to worship is a much better choice. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I'm looking forward to a very positive year!

      Crystal

      Delete
  2. You are so right! I love that you shared this. Whining or complaining is way too easy. I remember a few years back when I was working in a seemingly negative school, I decided to keep a journal where each day I would write down a few positives that happened so I wouldn't fall into that negative trap. It worked! :o)

    Mrs. Jones Teaches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A positive journal is a wonderful idea! Thanks for stopping by and sharing!

      Crystal

      Delete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.