Home Image Map

Saturday, August 24, 2013

First Full Week of School!


Yay....we made it through the first full week of school!  We had an awesome week and the kiddos are already starting to get into a routine.  Although, I will say that I believe that they were extremely tired along with me yesterday. 
 
I was very excited because we learned our first math game and played it with a partner.  It was our first partner activity so I was a little worried and nervous about how they would do with it.  They did an outstanding job!  They played it just like I would have wanted them to play.  Each student stayed on task and played nicely with his/her partner.  Therefore, I was very happy that they are already able to work with a partner nicely.  Of course, we have such great kindergarten teachers that they train them so well to do all of this stuff already!  Check them out!
 





 
I was also excited because this is the first year that I am trying to incorporate some Whole Brain Teaching.  I have taught a few things to them so far, but by far my favorite one is the Hands and Eyes.  This has so far been such a great way to redirect them if they aren't focused in on what I am teaching.  I am excited to incorporate more Whole Brain Teaching as the year goes on.
 
Next week, I will have a tour of my classroom and will be posting some pictures.  I found some really good ideas on pinterest that I incorporated in my classroom this year to help with some organizing.  It has worked out well for me. 
 
Hope all of you have a great weekend!
 
 
 
 



1 comment:

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.