Home Image Map

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Big Heartland Bloggers Spring Fling Meet-Up

Happy Sunday!

It's a rainy day here--it was perfect for my Sunday afternoon nap! And believe me, I needed it! 

Kristi and I left on Friday right after school for a little get away trip to Kansas City that ended with meeting some fantastic other teacher bloggers at the Big Heartland Bloggers Spring Fling Meet-Up.

I'm linking up with Kacey from Doodlebugs in an attempt to share the fun we had!


Friday night, Kristi and I headed to Legends for a little shopping. 

We were headed into Target to pick up something for the meet-up goodie bags and talking about how we would attach our new business cards to the gifts for a good five minutes before I realized I had left the business cards at home! 

Aren't they so cute?!?!
 I was so bummed, but we made it work.
And it gave Kristi something to laugh about for the entire weekend! ;-) 
 
The Dollar Spot had some cute 'Thank You' cards that we thought everyone could use.

We then headed into downtown Kansas City to find our hotel. We had to take a little detour and get some cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory. Can you believe Kristi had never had any?

The next morning, we headed down to the City Market for a little bit before heading to the meet-up. If you are ever in the KC area, you need to go the market. It is awesome!

Our meet-up was at Houlihan's in Leawood, Kansas. 

I'll be honest and tell you Kristi and I were a little nervous about the meet-up. It was our first one--and talking to "strangers" seemed a little scary! Turns out, it was fun to put faces with blog names and the ladies didn't really seem like strangers at all! :-)

We walked in to find GoNoodle and Teachers Pay Teachers had contributed some "swag." TPT also sent some gift certificates for three lucky winners (not us)!
 


Katie from Resources by Mrs. Roltgen and Kristi.

Our goodie bags! So many fun things in there!
 
Crystal with Whitney from The First Grade Round-Up and Lisa from Lisa Taylor Teaching the Stars.

Kristi and I attempt to take a selfie...
 
Group photo - In this one I am between Megan from Mrs. Baker's Dozen (the amazing organizer of this event - thanks Megan!) and Christine from Level Up. Kristi on the back row is between Alisha from Missing Tooth Grins and Tessa from The Krafty Teacher.

It was so fun to spend time with Kristi and meet all these lovely ladies! We are definitely looking forward to the next meet-up!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. I think I'd be nervous too, but here in Idaho, from what I can tell, there aren't many of us teacher bloggers. I'd have to travel to a different state to meet other bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are going to have it in Arkansas next year. Hope Kristi and I can make it again--lots of fun!

      Delete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.