Home Image Map

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuesday Made-It Project-Glad it's done!

Here is my Tuesday Made It project-we have a rental house and our tennants just moved out because they purchased their own home.  We have another couple ready to move in, but my husband and I thought we would do just a couple of quick time consuming projects before they moved in.  We really didn't think it would take too long but it took us a lot longer than we thought.  With my husband working - he could only help when he was off.  So, I feel like I've actually lived at our rental for the last week.  Anyways, we decided to tile both the kitchen and bathroom floors.  Then the other very time consuming project was the bathtub.  The bathtub is probably 100 years old and is very nasty.  A couple of years ago, we decided we needed to do something about our bathtub because is was just as old and nasty.  BUT, when we priced new ones and realized how much it would cost to replace etc., we were looking at at least $3000.00-NO WAY!  So, I got on the internet (which can be dangerous for me at times because I get ideas this way).  I saw that in Rome, a lot of their bathtubs are tiled.  So, I thought what a great idea and not as expensive.  So I went and looked at tile and found what I was going to use.  WOW, what an experience!  I had no idea of what I was doing, but I had it in my head that I was going to do it.  So after 3 days of almost nonstop work and frustration, I finished it and thought it looked pretty neat.  Believe me, I was very nervous during the whole process and was thinking, "What was I thinking and how am I going to fix this if it doesn't turn out."  Needless to say, I finished it and we get compliments on it all the time.  Check it out.


So, since the rental house had a bathtub that was like our old one, I decided to do the same thing.  Although, I had forgotten my experience with ours and how time consuming and frustrating it can get.  Parts of it are still drying as you can see in the picture. The best part about this is that we didn't have to spend $3000.00 or even close to that amount.   Anyways, finally it is done and here it is:




Here is the kitchen floor (just basic tile, but it is done-YEAH!)


OK, on to school.  Here is what I have been thinking about recently-LESSON PLANS!  I feel like I spend a lot of time on lesson plans.  So, I'm wondering how you do your plans.  I do mine on the computer but feel like it still takes a lot of time to do.  Just curious on how you organize yours and have you found any time saving ways to get them done?  Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this. 
Kristi


6 comments:

  1. This past year was my very first year teaching, and I went from paper/pencil plan book, to typing them in narrative (especially for subs) to filling out a template. I like the narrative best, but it IS time consuming!! For me, the computer is always the fastest, but my good friend that has taught 3 years swears by her plan book. I don't know...
    The tub looks great! I'm buying my own home, and considering this when I get ready to redo...so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input-I know, I like the computer as well, but maybe I should try the other way.
      Congrats on your new home and send pics if you decide to do you tub.

      Delete
  2. Wow! That tub looks like professional work!! I love it! Great job Kristi. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks-it's definately not perfect, but it works and didn't cost much.

      Delete
  3. WOW, the tub looks great! For lesson plans, I make a template and make it as generic as possible. Like if there's an activity I do each week with the letters we are working on, I explain the activity in my template and each week I only have to change the letters that are being used. That really helps me with station plans.

    Lindsey
    Lovin’ Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      The lesson plans sound like they would really help with the stations for sure. Thanks for the input.

      Delete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.