Home Image Map

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Monday Made-It Linky and a Horse, Of Course! :-)


I've been inspired by all you crafty people linking up for Monday Made-It with 4th Grade Frolics so I decided to get busy and link up. I have been working on a few things this week for my classroom.



Here we go:



1. Football themed behavior clipchart (my classroom theme is sports):
Before - Clips only went down...


After - Clips will go up and down...still a little nervous about this, but I'm going for it! Sorry the pics aren't clearer. Some days my camera works great and other days not so much. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the operator. Ha! I just found some cute football ribbon to use to hang it! Hooray!


Everyone starts here - Cute sports kids are from Scrappin' Doodles and borders from Clipart by Carrie.
 2. Baseball themed job clipchart


Before
After - I'm freeing up bulletin board space because I know I'll need it if I start Daily 5! I got the idea of making it into a clip chart from April at Wolfelicious. I just found some cute baseball ribbon to hang it with! Yeah!


Again cute sports kids are from Scrappin' Doodles and borders from Clipart by Carrie. All my jobs titles end in manager. The General Manager is my special helper for the week.


I've included both of these items and the sports birthday badges found here in a Mini Theme Pack on TPT. Click here to grab them! Hope to add pictures of these HANGING in my room soon!

This next one may be cheating a bit because technically my son made them, but I have enjoyed them! Here's the Pinterest motivation:

Lemon Melting Moments

And here is our version...

Yum-O! My son felt the extra frosting needed to go on top. Ha ha! If we make them again, I'd just frost each cookie individually and not make into a sandwich cookie or make the cookies smaller. This was huge! :-)
What else is keeping us busy? A horse, of course! My daughter has had a love for horses since she was 3 years old - and not because we have horses. Apparently, she is a natural with them too (according to people who know about horses). We have found opportunities for her to ride them, learn about them and how to care for them. Over the years, we've had people offer to give her a horse and we always said, "No!" Finally, in January we decided we should at least pray about the latest offer...Saturday she became the proud owner of Dusty Doc Jack (Cosmo is what he goes by - not sure where the nickname came from). He is a 26 year old, gentle giant.

That's me and Cosmo.

Harley and Cosmo - after saddling him by ourselves for the first time. All I can say is thank the Lord he is a patient horse! If he were shorter or she was taller, she could do it by herself and be fine. My husband and I are the ones who need practice!

Hey, did you notice anything special about our followers? We hit 50!! Woohoo! We're working on the giveaway and it is going to be great!

Oh, and think of Kristi...Last I heard her flight had been delayed for three hours, possibly overnight. I texted her this AM and no response so I hope that means she made it home and is sleeping!

Crystal

11 comments:

  1. Those cookies look REALLY good. Congrats on Cosmo and 50!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were yummy! It didn't make very many so that was a blessing since I'm doing that weight loss challenge! :-)

      Crystal

      Delete
  2. Congrats on 50 followers!! I love that clip chart! It came out adorable!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your 50 followers! I love the new things you have made for your classroom and the fun theme!! Those lemon cookies look oh so yummy!!!! Thanks for linking up:) Hope you can come back next week:))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 50!

    You are so lucky to have a horse... my parents would never get me one when I was little. =)

    Emily
    I Love My Classroom
    www.ilovemyclassroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what we had to think about...she's only a kid once, right? :-)

      Crystal

      Delete
  5. Mmm wish I could grab a cookie through the screen!!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you clip chart version and those cookies look so yummy.
    Congrats on 50.

    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the name of your blog and your theme! The items you made look great!


    Delighted in Second
    Hope you will join my $20 TPT gift certificate giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.