Home Image Map

Thursday, July 12, 2012

CALENDAR TIME

I am getting ready to go to my eye doctor appointment.  I am a little embarrassed to say that I haven't been to the eye doctor for about 18 years-YIKES!  You would think that I would have went a couple of years ago when I renewed my drivers license.  You see, I went in and tried to take the eye test that they give you when renewing your license.  I was confident sure I would do well.  I read off a lot of stuff and looked over at the lady who was looking at me with sympathy as she said, "Honey, there aren't any numbers in there.  You are going to have to try again and you have to pass with at least one eye."  GULP!!  I did pass with one eye, but knew then that I probably should go to the eye doctor.  But I held off and now finally believe I better go and will probably end up with some glasses or something.  At least I know to guess only letters this time and no numbers LOL!

OK, school question for today:  What do you do for your calendar time?  In the past, we have spent a good 20 min. a day on calendar and the kids absolutely love it!  We are afraid that this year, we may not have enough time to get it all in because of doing more tier time for MTSS.  So, wondering what all of you do for your calendar time and how do you fit it in? 
Kristi

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I've so enjoyed reading your blog and have awarded you with a blog award! Come on by to pick it up!! (Although now I notice you already have it :( ... So, I hope lots of people will come by and see how awesome you are!!)

    The Versatile Blog Award

    Kristen
    A Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too spend about 20 minutes with calendar. It's my favorite part of the day. I count it as part of my math time and squeeze in as many math skills as I can, then move on to my actual math lesson and do math stations.

    Lindsey
    Lovin’ Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks-we were talking about trying to squeeze as much of it in during our math time. Glad to hear that it works out for you doing it this way, hopefully it will be the same for us.

      Delete
  3. Last year, I spent about 20 min with Calendar right before lunch. It was a good transition between/during a whole group restroom/wash up break, math skills (calendar) and a read aloud. I will probably do the same thing this year, or move calendar time to right after lunch when we start our math block. This MTSS thing certainly IS time consuming, though, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks-that is a good time to look at as well. We will have to check out our schedule to see if it will fit in there at that time. Yes, MTSS is very time consuming, a little scary at first but I'm sure it will all work itself out in the end. I'm not too good with changes and like my routine, so I'm sure this year will be a little bit of a challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.