Home Image Map

Friday, March 31, 2017

Five for Friday -- Games, Magnets, and my Awesome Closet!

Woohoo Friday!!!

This was my first week back after Spring Break, and it seemed like a LONG one! We made it though and I even snapped a few pictures to share with you.

As always, I appreciate Kacey hosting this linky!

1 (and 2?)

It was a good day for games!


These Connect Four games are awesome--easy differentiation. They have the high-frequency words of the week on one side (great for my struggling readers) and the vocabulary words on the back (great for my higher readers who have to read the word AND use it correctly in a sentence to claim their space). 


The kids also love to play "I have...who has...?" so we split our group time in half between the two games.


All of these games were made to go with our Reading Wonders series,  but they are in the Sight Word section of our store if you are interested. 

3

Magnets exploration day! 
The 1st and 2nd graders have been learning about magnets so we had an extended science period to explore with them.


One student had the great idea to put a paper clip in a balloon and see what would happen so we gave it at try! So FUN!


We even did one station of exploring magnets with water, but I didn't get any pictures! :-(

4

This is my post-spring break seating arrangement.


#IHateRows

My kids were so talkative right before break, I thought I'd give this a try. I like "groups" much better, but eliminating the "face partner" has seemed to help at least for now!

5

Worth waiting for...


When my husband and I bought our fixer upper nine years ago, we did not have a closet. We used one in another bedroom. Then when that bedroom became the laundry room, we shared with our kids. A couple of years ago, we FINALLY started piecing this walk-in closet together. Over spring break, we bought and installed the last "shoe shelves" and "corner shelves." 

I find myself opening the doors and just looking at it! LOL! I'm pretty sure there is a devotional coming soon about things being worth the wait all because of this closet. ;-)

Hope your weekend is happy!


2 comments:

  1. It was the same way with our new kitchen remodel. We were in the house for ten years before we FINALLY got to do it. The waiting was heck, the reward was great! Enjoy your closet! Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you play "I Have, Who Has" by giving students multiple cards. Believe it or not, I have never thought of doing it this way before! I always play with the whole class and each child getting one card. This makes so much sense for small groups. I will utilize my games much more now. Thanks for the idea!
    Teaching Tips and Treasures

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.