Home Image Map

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Wisdom for Wednesday - Quieting a Noisy Soul

Good afternoon!

This is so strange for me to be able to sit down after school and blog! I'm still getting used to not coaching after school. :-)

Before we get to the wisdom, can I just say…WOW! 
Today was quite a day with my kiddos. 
We came back Monday from Spring Break and I was pretty pleased with how things were going…until today. It just seemed like I was dealing with one student after another for behaviors that I hadn't seen in weeks (or months…or maybe even ever). I knew I should have reviewed routines and procedures on Monday!

Anyway, thanks for stopping by for today's wisdom post! 


Did that post title catch your attention? 
That phrase, quieting a noisy soul, certainly got my attention as I began a new devotional book called God is More than Enough by Jim Berg.


The full quote is this: 
If we are going to quiet the noise in our souls, we will have to track our thinking not our feelings, and then we must evaluate those thoughts against the Word of God. Where our thoughts are wrong, we must repent of them and replace them with thoughts that honor God.

There is so much in those two sentences to think about it!

Quieting a noisy soul. 
Yes, please!
Jim Berg explains noise in the soul consists of our thoughts.

Evaluating our thoughts against the Word of God. 
Yes…with a little apprehension.

It doesn't take much evaluating on my part to know that I have some areas in my thought life that need work.

I love the next sentence because it gives us the action plan.

Repent and replace.

It isn't enough to repent. 
We must also replace.

If we don't replace our wrong thoughts with God-honoring thoughts, those wrong thoughts will find their way right back into our hearts and minds.

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.
II Corinthians 10:5

I'm so excited to dig into this study. 
I know I've got some work to do, but I do long for a "quiet" soul. ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.