Home Image Map

Monday, March 16, 2015

Paleo Diet and Spring Break

Today is my first official day of Spring Break and of course I woke up at 5:30.  Why is it that when you can sleep in, you wake up early, but when you have to get up, you could sleep forever?  :-)  Anyways, the weather here is amazing!  Does it get any better than this?  Of course Wednesday and Thursday is a little chilly for me, but it's not snow so I can deal with it!  It seems like it has been a long time since we have had a Spring Break that has been nice.  In fact, I believe that last year it snowed.  UGGHHH!

Wichita Kansas forecast

I have so many things that I need and would like to get done during Spring Break, but Dr.'s orders said that I should really rest the whole time.  Rest when it is 83 degrees outside, how do you do that?  I suppose I can sit outside and soak up some of the sun.  But it will be hard not to do things around the house.  :-)  


On another note, not school related-sorry!  I started the Paleo diet on Saturday.  It really hasn't been too bad so far.  I started doing it more for health reasons-although I could stand to lose weight as well, so If I do lose weight in the process, I definitely won't get mad.   :-)  So I was wondering if anyone else is doing the diet and have some really good recipes that you would share with me.  It is pretty limited on what you can eat and I think you have to get really creative with recipes.  Please share if you have any that you really liked.

Hope you are having a relaxing Spring Break if you are on it!

Have a great day!




2 comments:

  1. We beat you - got over 80 here today. My to-do list is long too, but I am definitely taking time to relax! Enjoy your break! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well happy spring break!
    I'm halfway through mine:)
    Glad to hear your son's operation went well.
    Sorry, I don't know anything about the paleo diet. But I can help you with gluten free vegetarian haha!

    Grade ONEderful
    Barbara Leyne Designs

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.