Home Image Map

Monday, March 9, 2015

Bouncy Balls and Our Scavenger Hunt

I have used this site for a long time, but I had forgotten about it this last 9 weeks until the other day when I felt like my kids were getting a little loud (which I'm not one that likes a lot of noise :-(  so I'm a little controlling when it comes to noise level) while playing a math game.  I went and pulled up the site and put it on the board and it was like magic.  The kids remembered it and immediately their voices went straight to a whisper.  I have used it almost every day since.  It has a microphone on it and when the kids talk the balls will bounce.  If they get really loud the balls bounce really high and if it isn't very loud then the balls will barely bounce.  I love it!  Check it out if you haven't already used it.


Today, we did 2 math boxes for our Everyday Math.  If you aren't familiar with Everyday Math, the math boxes in first grade give 4 review problems for them to complete.  Instead of sitting at our seats and working on the problems we did a scavenger hunt.  I made a copy of the problems and spread them throughout the room.  The kids had to take their math books and find the problems and answer them in their math books.  They loved it and had a lot of fun doing it.  It is amazing how excited they get over the littlest thing.  The coolest part about it was everyone finished their math on time today!!!  YAY!!!!  I think I will have to try that again sometime soon!  Check them out:





Hope you have a great day!




1 comment:

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.