Home Image Map

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Home Improvements, a Birthday, and Addition with Regrouping!


 
Yes, this is a picture of my new furnace. I know this might not excite most of you, but I am absolutely thrilled to come home to a warm house! No more having to "work at" having heat by making sure the fire doesn't go out. Praise the LORD!
 
And...continuing on with the home improvement projects...


This is the view of my bedroom from the doorway.
This is the view of the bedroom from my NEW walk-in closet.

The closet! I can't wait to get it all set up!
I should have taken before shots...or maybe that would have been too embarrassing! We ripped up the floor, replaced some damaged floor joists and put down a new sub-floor. We tore off all the old drywall, replaced the insulation and updated the wiring, and added the two new windows you see in the pictures. The "mud color" you see on the walls is the base coat for stucco. My dad had his own business for years and hubby actually worked for him for 10 years and learned to stucco. Here's a picture of the dining room walls--just so you can get an idea of what the finished walls will look like.
 
 
One more personal note...here's my son. He turned 14 today!!! I can't even believe it. He wants to know when he can get his learner's permit now. I'm not sure I'm ready for this! ;-)


 
Now on to the SCHOOL stuff (which I'm sure is why you are here):
 
Since this is my first year teaching 2nd Grade, I was pretty excited to teach addition with regrouping. Crazy, I know!
 
Anyway, I found this catchy tune and video on Pinterest. The kids and I are loving it. You might even catch me dancing a bit. Ha!
 
I also wanted some extra practice for my kids so I went on the hunt to find some free worksheets. I stumbled upon this website: Busy Teacher's Cafe. I haven't explored the whole site, but I like what I've seen so far. Check it out!
 
Countdown to Christmas at the O.K. Corral is on... Our performance is next Monday. Wish me luck! Better yet, pray for me! :-)
 
Have a great week!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your home improvements. I'm sure it will look sweet. Good luck with your program!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you're able to mix it all up with a smile. I'm sure when it's done you're going to love your new bedroom & walk-in closet. If you'd like to share your story at www.hometips4women, send me an email (tina@tinagleisner.com).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great.. I'd love it..You should try http://summerstyle.gr/ I am sure you love it

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.