Home Image Map

Monday, May 9, 2016

10 Day Balloon (Adapted) Countdown

If you have been reading our blog, you know that Crystal is like on Day 5 of her countdown on the balloons.......not me.  We actually don't start the countdown until Thursday.  We have several more days left in school than her.  Like she said in her past blog post:

I know I have shared this every year, but you never know who might be new to the blog...so...

Each morning, I will pop a balloon. 
Inside is a piece of paper with a fun activity or treat written on it for us to enjoy.

I have two simple rules for the balloons that help tremendously with the final days craziness.

1. If you get in trouble, you don't do/have the next balloon activity/treat.
2. If you complain about the activity or treat, you don't get to enjoy it.

The activities/treats change from year to year, but include things like ink pen day, bubble gum day, kickball game, ice cream party, movie, extra recess, etc.


For me, the balloons are a bit different.  :-)  When I had Crystal as a co-teacher, I never laughed so hard in my life because she couldn't blow up a balloon.  Watching her try to do it was just funny (sorry Crystal but it was funny).  I'm wondering who she had blow up her balloons for her this year?????  I should have got her on video trying to blow up a balloon.  :-)

My  co-teacher now can't stand the popping of a balloon!  LOL!  So, she had a great idea to put it into a mimio.  Each day we can still pop a balloon with a somewhat sound of a balloon popping and then it will reveal what we will be doing for the day.  It will be nice to have this mimio because we can use it every year and change things on it if we need to.  No blowing up balloons (for those that can't blow balloons up) and no having to listen to the popping sound of a balloon (for those that don't like hearing them pop).  :-)  
Here is what it looks like and what is behind the balloons.






We already decided to take off the root beer float day and change it to art.  We had forgotten that we had that one last year and then we saw Crystal's post about it and remembered at that point.  It will be easy to change on the mimio.

Have a great week!


1 comment:

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.