Home Image Map

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Wisdom for Wednesday - Obedience


Good morning! 

Thanks for stopping by for:

This week's quote is easy for us to see in our students and children...


…but what about us?

It reminds me of my daughter when she was little…about 3 or 4. She was always easily distracted. I would send her to do something, and she would come back several minutes later having not even started on the assigned task.

One specific example…she had been told to pick up her room. Several minutes later when I got onto her, she said, "How can I possibly clean my room when I can't find my shoes?"

Obviously, I explained that she didn't need her shoes in order to pick up her room and sent her back to work on it.

That day the Lord brought to mind how my excuses sound to Him when I don't obey His Word and His leading. Much the same as my daughter's silly excuse for not cleaning her room, I'm sure.

"Obey right away," became a common phrase in our house. 
We later added, "…and with a right heart."

Two simple things we teach children, but what an impact they can have when applied to our own spiritual lives!

Have a blessed day!


3 comments:

  1. We don't always obey the way we've taught our children to obey, do we? Thanks for the wisdom. Blessings.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, Jan. Over the years, the Lord has definitely used my kids to teach me many lessons in obedience! :-)

      Crystal

      Delete
  2. Oswald! I just started reading My Utmost for His Highest on January 1st. I'm enjoying him a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.