Home Image Map

Monday, April 11, 2016

Telling Time and OI/OY

We have been working on telling time to the hour and half hour.  I found this cute activity from Teacher Idea Factory to practice telling time.  I had the kids draw a clock on their desks (we are lucky to have desks that we can write on).  Then I gave each of them a piece of licorice.  I told him that the licorice was going to be our hands on the clock.  We had to break the piece into 2 pieces (one short and one long for the hands on the clock).  Then we got started practicing the time.  The kids had a blast with it and if they followed directions then they got to enjoy a piece of licorice at the end. 







We have also been working on words with oi/oy and I found this cute activity from First Grade W.O.W.  The students had to come up with words with oi and oy.  They made a list of them on their desks and then at the end they came up with 2 more words with oi/oy and used a mini chips ahoy cookie as the o in their words.  They were more than ready to come up with some words for me because once they did they got to eat the cookies.  








Have a great day!


1 comment:

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.