Home Image Map

Monday, March 7, 2016

A Mixture of Things!

I have a variety of things to share today, so I had a hard time coming up with a title for this blog post. So, this blog has a mixture of things that I am sharing.

1.  I want to share a story about one of my sweet girls in class.  She told me that she was going to have to leave the next day and be gone from school for a little while because she had an eye appointment.  I always tell them that I don't like them leaving because I miss them and their smiles.  She came in the next day and showed me the picture below and said to me, "Mrs. Torrey, I'm going to put this on my desk when I leave and that way when you look at my desk, you will see me smiling.  That way you won't be too sad."  Isn't that precious!  



2.  Reading-Today, I was so excited because if the kids get their work done early, I have choices that they can do.  One of them is reading of course.  As I walked around the room today, I noticed that every student was reading when their work was completed.  It is so exciting to see them choose to read as a choice!!


This one is taking an AR test on the ipad after reading her book.  It is a test that asks questions over the book she has read.



3.  Art-I will have to admit that art is not one of my strong points.  Therefore, when I come across something that is easy for me to show/teach the kids-I love it!  I found these cute Leprechaun drawings from First Grade Blue Skies Now Soaring in Kindergarten.  It was easy to follow and the kids had a great time.



I hope your having a great week so far.  We start with our parent-teacher conferences tomorrow night.  When are your parent-teacher conferences?  

Have a great rest of your week!

2 comments:

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.