Home Image Map

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wednesday-Back to School-Teacher Week Linky


Welcome to day 3 of  Back to School-Teacher Week Linky!


Today is to tell your best tip for organization.  

I decided a couple of years ago that I find that my mind seems to spin after school thinking of all the things I need to do.  So, I would start on one thing and think....."Oh I need to do this" and would stop and go to something else.  In the end, it seemed like nothing got completely done and I was staying very late after school.  The other thing that would happen would I would sit there and try to come up with all the things that I needed to get done.  I wasted a lot of time doing this because after teaching all day......my brain was on slow mode.  I finally decided that I needed a daily checklist that I could have out and do each thing and cross it off as I finished each task.  (I really needed one that I kept in one spot because I would make them on paper and would lose them :-( LOL!)  

I made up a list of things to do every day of the week and put them in a clear pocket.  I use them every day of the week and can just mark off each task with an expo marker when I get it done.  After using them I erase and use it again the next week.  This way I don't have to run a copy of it every week.  Having this daily check list has saved me a lot of time and wasted minutes.  I do have to admit that I haven't used them yet this year because I don't have a routine down yet, but I will definitely start using them when my routine and schedule at school is consistent.


Here is a picture of what it looks like (I will have to change it for this year-these are from last year) as soon as I get into my schedule and routine.  



Have a great day!



1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, Kristi! I do the same thing where I'm working on something, then get distracted with remembering something else. Hope your year has started off great!
    Sarah from Mrs. Jones Teaches :o)

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.