Home Image Map

Friday, August 1, 2014

Five for Friday - Again? Say what?

Okay, folks, the countdown is really on for me.

Two weeks of summer vacation left!

I have been busy working on the music room (ugh), sprucing up our TPT and TN stores, getting my kiddos to work on sample interactive notebooks, finishing my math interactive notebook, and writing about the armour of God (my latest chapter in the devotion book I'm working on).

Whew! I'm getting tired just reading all that...

Anyway, because of all that craziness, I actually do have Five for Friday pictures again!


These scrappy numbers are actually a freebie from Graphics from the Pond that I stumbled on yesterday. Be sure to check them out!


The dreadful music room. Take a look at what I'm up against:


Now see my progress:


My wonderful mom made the zebra curtains for me. As of right now, all the primary colored shelving has been painted black. You can't see it in this picture, but there is a wall of cabinets (with doors). I'm painting the doors with black chalkboard paint! Should be fun and cute to decorate. As for the pile in the middle of the floor...ugh!



 I know I brag on them a lot, but I really do have the best kids in the world (okay, in my world?)! Anyway, here they are helping put together my reading and science interactive notebooks.


So maybe he is eating kiwi, but he really has been hard at work on the science notebook!
In case you're wondering, here's the notebooks I'm using:
(LOVE THESE!)
(Love it, but I am adding things to it so it will be more like a complete ELA notebook if that makes sense.)

The math one I am actually making and I'm not done yet! Ack!



I'll admit, I wasn't really sold when I was reading so many of the tips for your TPT and TN store about attractive cover pages. Why? Because I'm not a "cutesy" person. I want functional. I'm all for simple. However, as I started working on updating some of our products, I can whole-heartedly admit that the updated products are definitely more eye-catching. I've also added two new products:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Vowel-Digraph-Game-Pack-oo-oo-aw-au-1360533
We've had people asking us to bundle games for awhile. Here's my first one--finally!

Editable Thought Bubbles for Essential Questions
This is more of a time-saver, sanity-saver for me. People were loving this idea on my focus wall and would e-mail me about an editable file. I would e-mail it to them (after they purchased the other one) so I finally decided I should just list the thing! Woohoo!


I won't bore you with the details, but I got a problem with our Facebook fan page fixed (thanks Angela!).


Speaking of that fan page? Have you liked it yet? We are at 1,848 likes. Sure would like to hit 2,000! Click here to visit our page.
And finally, a food picture. Yes, I truly took this picture and posted it to facebook the night I made it! I don't think I am going to be a food photographer or anything, but this was so good!
Cauliflour used as "rice." Oh, the possibilities!
In this case, I substituted it for spaghetti noodles. I made both for the family. My son picked the cauliflour over the noodles right away. Hubby and daughter each tried it and liked it (after already having their noodles).
I saw it on Food Network Star...we usually follow the show, but missed most of it this year so I don't even know the guy who made it. Sorry!
Head on over to Doodle Bugs and link up.

Oh, and come back on Sunday for chapter eight of Guided Math in Action! It's about centers...my least favorite thing. ;-)


4 comments:

  1. The zebra curtains are fabulous! They totally brighten up the room!
    Too funny...I used the same Scrappy Numbers on my Friday Five! :) Great minds think alike.

    -Liz
    TheHappyTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you're the music teacher again, huh? You are a saint!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A saint? I don't know about that...still hoping for a change. Maybe next year!

      Crystal

      Delete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.