Home Image Map

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Hooray! It's Starting! A Guided Math in Action Book Study

I just love a good book study. In fact, some of you may have been following us when we got involved in the Daily 5 book study a couple of summers ago. That study transformed the way I teach reading, and I'm hoping I'll be able to say the same about this next book study (only about my teaching of math).


I've joined Courtney and Sarah over at Guided Math Adventures for their book study. We're going to take a close look at Guided Math in Action by Nicki Newton over the next few weeks.

I'll admit I cheated...I've been reading ahead.

Shhh! Don't tell!

I ordered my book on Amazon and had it in less than a week (even with the free shipping option). I just had to start reading and I can't wait to get in on the great discussion that I know is going to surround this book on some fantastic blogs. You can see who all it participating down below.

Here's a peek at the schedule:



You'll notice the schedule is set to post on Sundays and Wednesdays. Since we do Wisdom for Wednesday on our blog, my posting days will be Sundays and Thursdays.

It is not too late for you to get your copy and participate along with me! A book study is only good when there is lots of discussion and opportunities to really challenge our thinking. 

I hope you'll follow along with me and comment, comment, comment to make the most of it!







2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to our first discussions on Wednesday! :0) Thanks for being a part of the book study!

    Smiles,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.