Home Image Map

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Christopher Columbus Day!

We studied about Christopher Columbus this week.  This cute little craft idea was found on pinterest (I believe I spend way too much time on pinterest, I may need to start setting a timer when I get on it LOL!) and it took me to the following site:

http://www.allkidsnetwork.com/crafts/fall/columbus-day-craft.asp

The kiddos loved going around and saying the names of the three ships (Pinta, Nina and Santa Maria).  They thought they were really cool names and each one of them wanted to tell the names to me almost everyday this week!  :-)  I was glad that they were excited about it and could remember all of the names of the ships.  Check out some of the results of their work:

 
I just love it when the kids get so excited about learning stuff.  Christopher Columbus was a big hit with our kiddos.  I even had some that wrote 2 pages about him during the Daily 5 work on writing.  How Exciting!! 
 
 
Hope your week was good!  Kristi 

1 comment:

  1. I like the two extremes in the ocean water. Stormy and smooth as silk. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.