Home Image Map

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Animal Election - Thanks to Tori!

This week we started an Animal Election! Meet our candidates:

 
We are busy learning about each candidate and will hold an official election on November 6th. As we talk about the election, we have been discussing how it is similar to the Presidential Election. I was very excited when some of my firsties told me they had watched part of the debate with their parents saw their parents watching the debate last night.
 
Here is our vocabulary words proudly on display:
 

The candidate posters and vocab words are part of an awesome packet from Tori over at Tori's Teacher Tips.
  



Kristi and I won the set in a contest this summer and I was super excited to get it out and get started! Best of all, when I went to her site to copy her button I stumbled on her posting that the Election Time pack is ON SALE!

So scoot on over there right now and grab it up! You won't be disappointed!

Crystal
 

4 comments:

  1. I've BOO-ed you! Come over and play along!

    Erin
    First with Franklin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! I love to hear the little ones describe the debates-they really are trying to understand the process. :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very cute take on the whole election process. It's coming up fast. I better get on it1
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww man... here come the tears again... you guys are GREAT!! I'm so glad that you like this- I love it so much too! Have fun with VOTING... your firsties are going to enjoy it!!
    Tori
    ps... dying to know which "candidate" they choose.. you'll have to let us know!
    Tori
    Tori's Teacher Tips

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.