Home Image Map

Saturday, September 15, 2012

LOVING DAILY 5!!

So we did our first full week of Daily 5 and I am loving it!!  I feel like the kids are benefiting so much from it already.  I will have to admit, I was a little skeptical at first (especially since I'm really not a centers type of gal).  After experiencing it.....I'm loving it!!

Below you will see some pics of my kiddos working hard during read to someone.




 
I do have a question about the individual conferences and time management.  We did our first individual conferences on Friday and I barely made it through them.  I started stressing toward the end because I was afraid that I wasn't going to get to all the students.  Luckily I made it, but it was close.  What do you do during your individual conferences and any tips on how to get through them time wise?

I look forward to hearing about your individual conferences!  Hope you have a great weekend!  Kristi

2 comments:

  1. I knew you would love it! (I love that the kids are really reading and really writing instead of doing stuff about reading and writing.) I don't necessarily get to everyone every day. It's the same for me in Writer's Workshop. Unless I'm going to have a day of just quick check-ins, I pretty much know that I won't be seeing everyone.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good to know...I was really feeling stressed that I might not make it to everyone. Thanks for letting me know how you do it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.