Home Image Map

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Wisdom for Wednesday - Circumstances



Good Morning!

What a week--and it's only Wednesday! 

I'm definitely praying for strength this morning. I am already so tired. Monday was a busy day--left early for a funeral and then coached basketball. Last night was my son's game, and my daughter (who had not been feeling well) started running a fever and feeling icky. I think it might be strep…headed to the doctor this morning. :-( 

I'm trying really hard not to think of the big game she has coming up on Thursday, but this was the same team we played when she was recovering from the stomach flu so we really want a shot to beat them. 

BUT it IS only a game. 
It IS only a game. 
It IS only a game.

If I say that enough, do you think it will work? Ha!

I really can't complain about her being sick though.
My mom was going to help out by taking her to the doctor this morning. She asked me which pharmacy we used in case she needed medicine, and I couldn't even remember! It took me a few minutes because it has been so long since ANY of us have been sick. I ended up calling for a sub, though, because she is so sick (103 fever this morning--poor thing).


Okay, enough about me. Take a look at this:




I love this quote. Reminds me of some of my favorite verses the Lord used in my life after a friend had been killed in a car accident.

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Psalm 27:13-14

Sometimes it is hard to see the Lord's goodness when we feel overwhelmed by our circumstances, but we just have to believe in His goodness and His plan.

Have a blessed day!



4 comments:

  1. Crystal, Thank you SO much for sharing this. Praying your daughter is better soon.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Jan! Glad it was a blessing to you. And thank you for praying for Harley. We're hoping for a quick recovery. :-)

      Crystal

      Delete
  2. I just saw your quote on Bloglovin and had to chuckle as I thought - yes, why do we have to be reminded of this over and over again! Praying for your girl to get better quick! And strength and energy for you!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara! She is a little better, so I think she's on the mend. Praise the Lord! I completely agree with you about our need to be reminded to not let our circumstances get us down. God is still in control and we can trust Him! :-)

      Crystal

      Delete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.