I'm so excited to be joining Erica from Erica's Ed-Ventures over at Blog Hoppin for the Back to School-Teacher Weekly Linky!
Each day of this week, there will be a post over teaching topics and ideas. Today is an introduction of who I am. So here it goes:
1. I teach first grade in Kansas and have 21 students this year. Our first day of school was on August 14.
2. This is my 17th year of teaching at the same school. I started out teaching Special Education for 4 years and the remaining years was 1st and 2nd grade.
3. I'm very excited because after 17 years of having the same building, we had a lot of construction at our school this last year and throughout the summer and I now have a brand new room! YAY! Our school had a lot of rooms added to it and many updates.....it didn't even look like the same school when it was all done.
4. I've been married for 14 years and we have 2 dogs and 2 cats.....which our like our children since we don't have any children.
5. I started swimming this year and I am not a morning person, but I have been making myself get up at 5:00 a.m. to go and swim before school.....hope I can keep it up!
6. I love to do home improvement projects and I could spend all day watching the hgtv/diy channels to get ideas of what I could do. :-)
Remember to check back daily to see some teaching ideas and thoughts.
Have a great day!