Home Image Map

Monday, December 5, 2016

Marvelous Monday-Measurement, Gonoodle, Tic Tac Toe, and a Funny

Last week was filled with a lot of different activities and you know you can never go a week without a funny saying or happening in the classroom.

1.  Candy Corn Measuring-The kids loved measuring this last week because they got to use candy corn to measure.  They were so excited because they knew that at the end of it all, they would get to eat their candy corn.  They had to measure a variety of things and write down their answers.



2.  Gonoodle-My kids never get tired of doing gonoodle and it is such a great way to take a quick little brain break.


3.  Tic Tac Toe-I made up some tic tac toe boards that had the student's sight words for the week on it.  They loved playing tic tac toe and I loved that they were practicing their sight words at the same time.

4.  Funny-I had a student that I was talking to about his writing in his journal.  He had capitalized some words in his sentence and I was reminding him that we don't usually capitalize in the middle of our sentences unless it's a name etc.  He looked at me with this serious look and said, "Mrs. Torrey, this isn't the middle of my sentence, this is the middle of my sentence and I didn't capitalize there."  I had to laugh.  He was right, if you looked at the sentence, where the actual middle of it was, he didn't use a capital letter there.  I sometimes forget how literal kids can be.  I had to explain the capitalizing in a different way so that he understood it.   

Have a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.