Home Image Map

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Home Improvement HELP!

I apologize that this blog isn't about education at all, but it is summer.  :-)  Well, I feel like I have been doing home improvement stuff all day every day and I'm ready to be done.  I started with painting the living room and finally finished it!  YAY!  It used to be a sage green and now it is a more neutral color called basket beige.  


Unfortunately, as the living room was tore up and getting painted, the kitchen wood floor got wet and buckled up.  Another project-ripping the wood floor up.  


So my living room and kitchen were a disaster.  I am the type of person that likes to have things in their place and when it isn't I get a little stressed.  Now, over half the kitchen floor is tore out and I'm also painting the kitchen.  Here is the problem, under the wood floor there is a laminate that could be used, but there is some permanent marker on parts of it.  My husband had to install a couple of dishwashers and got tired of trying to take the floor out by it and remember where the pieces went back.  Therefore, he labeled  the wood pieces and the laminate flooring with the permanent marker.I have been trying everything to try to get it off.  I searched the internet and tried the following:

1.  rubbing alcohol
2.  WD40
3.  Goof off
4.  Colgate whitening toothpaste with scope-yes I tried it because someone online said that it worked for them. 
5.  Magic Eraser

So far, I have found nothing that has worked.  I really don't want to have to put a new floor down when the one that is down is usable.  

Anyone have any suggestions of how I could get the permanent marker out?  




3 comments:

  1. Hairspray? I used it successfully when my nephew used Sharpie on the rug. Or try coloring over the permanent marker with a dry erase marker and then wiping off. I've done that to get Sharpie off things...just not laminate flooring. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I will try using the hairspray and the dry erase marker. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we’ve got been functioning for uncountable prospects and operating all more than the town and its nearby areas. home improvement

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.