Home Image Map

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Wisdom for Wednesday - Think Good Thoughts!

Sorry for a repeat today, but I am down to the last 7 days of school and everything is CRAZY here. I know you understand!

This quote has been on my mind the last several weeks because my pastor is preaching through Philippians. I knew I needed to find it and post it again and this week seemed like the perfect time!

An oldie (very oldie--originally shared September 4, 2013), but goodie!


Every school year, I come up with a theme for our household. Something that--if we all work on it--will hopefully make things run more smoothly and keep us focused on things that are truly important.

I decided to share our 2013-2014 theme with you for this week's...



This quote came from a dear friend of mine. She explained that every morning as she was growing up, when she headed out the door for school, her mom would say, "Think good thoughts!"

You may be thinking...of course we want to think about positive things. However, my friend knew when her mom said this, it was more than that. The phrase referred back to...

"...whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

Philippians 4:8

For my family, I decided to challenge my kids to memorize verses 6 and 7 as well because the truths found there will help us think good thoughts.

If we don't worry and take everything to God in prayer with thanksgiving, the peace of God which passes all understanding will keep our hearts and minds through Christ!

What could keep us from thinking good thoughts then?




Here's hoping you are able to finish the year strong and thinking good thoughts!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.