Home Image Map

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Five for...Saturday!

Hey there! I hope you're enjoying this beautiful Saturday...it is a wonderful 52 degrees and climbing here. I love it! I am definitely a warm weather and sunshine girl.


Here's some TOTAL randomness from my week for Doodlebugs Five for Friday linky.

1

Sunshine, sunshine! I took off Tuesday for a follow-up on my shoulder injury (since September). I'm afraid surgery is in my future. :-(
 
Photo while I waited...what can I say? I was excited about seeing the SUN!


Being the teacher I am, I went ahead and scheduled as many appointments as I could that day. It was a beautiful day to be out running errands. 

2

I left these notes on the board for my absence--which turned into two days because I had a funeral on Wednesday. 


It didn't work. My notes from the subs were not all that flattering toward my class. They are quite a group!

3

I still love that our STAR homework turns into a math exercise at the end of the week. The kids are getting AWESOME at spotting friendly numbers and adding all our stars together.


4

February! Really?

 

 5

I've been worked up over this all week...
I don't want to bore you with Kansas politics, but basically this map represents a proposal to force consolidation onto the schools of Kansas--absorbing small districts (like mine) into nearby larger districts--with the idea of saving money. I have a lot to say about how ridiculous this plan is, but I'll spare you!

Have a great weekend!



4 comments:

  1. State politics and how they affect us are NOT a fun part of our profession. Fortunately we get to close the door and do the fun part anyway! Hoping you have a wonderful year, not matter what!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about the future surgery. I've been having a frozen shoulder issue, but it's being fixed with frequent trips to the physical therapist. Still, it's so expensive to have a shoulder problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Tammy! Frozen shoulder is not fun...that is what actually made me finally go to the doctor. I had injured the right serving the volleyball--too stubborn to go in right away--ended up getting frozen shoulder in my left! :-/ My left is better now, but I have a tear in my right rotator cuff...

      Delete
  3. Me too on the state politics. My kids' school district would be absorbed by the local giant, and then I would be so sad. Hope some sense happens soon!

    Good luck on your shoulder!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.