Home Image Map

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Bathroom Remodel, Double Digit Addition, and Turkey Hunt!

How's that for a random title?

I think you'll understand since it is technically still my Thanksgiving break. ;-)

First up...the bathroom remodel!

We live in an old house that was built in the early 1900s. The house was moved to its current location and has been added on to over the years. It is about 2,400 square feet, but only had one (large--thankfully) bathroom. 

A couple of years ago, we started the process of converting one of the extra bedrooms into a laundry room and bathroom. Both have been functioning for some time, but we just completed the finishing touches and decorating of the bathroom. 
What can I say? I'm indecisive when it comes to decorating.


Crate shelves idea inspired by Pinterest (of course).


Found this neat idea for the ceiling on Pinterest (where else?).



Next up...double digit addition (w/o regrouping).

We start regrouping on Monday so I was looking for a fun little review of double digit addition w/o regrouping for the day before Thanksgiving break. 

This is THE best activity I have found in awhile and it is a freebie. You MUST go grab it!

It is QR Task Cards Double Digit Addition Without Regrouping from Teaching with Technology and Fun. 

The kids had a blast completing the activity. They were on the move and working hard. We use QRafter to scan codes in my room (in case you're curious).

The best part for me (the day before break) was that once they were finished, I did a quick scan of their papers to make sure they had completed the problems. Then they scanned the QR code for the answer key and checked their own work. Whoop! Whoop! 





Staff Turkey Hunt!

We dismissed kids at 1:00 on Tuesday and then had inservice. Our new school counselor (who happens to be our new superintendent's wife) came up with a staff turkey hunt for us. 
They hid paper turkeys with prizes written on the back all around the school, and then released us to hunt. Fun, fun!

There was LOTS of prizes! 
So no thinking I was unfair with my stash...ha! 


And finally, I was excited to see TPT is getting in on the Cyber Sale fun! Happy shopping!

740 × 400


Enjoy the rest of your Thanksgiving break! Be safe!
 

2 comments:

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.