Home Image Map

Friday, September 26, 2014

Seriously Random Five for Friday!!! :-)


Happy Friday! 

I'm linking up with Doodlebugs again.



Popping in for a quick post before I go to a football game. My kids play in the pep band. No football players here--my son runs cross country and my daughter plays volleyball.

1. This first one may be the only teaching related picture I have this week...so sorry! I promise we did in fact have a week full of educational activities. Maybe we were so busy and engaged in learning that I forgot to take pictures...maybe. :-)

We are starting this book study at school. 


I'm so excited! I started doing some Whole Brain Teaching methods last year in my second grade classroom and I love it. I'm anxious to learn more about it so I can get better at using it. 

I know that it works with those challenging kids (as the title suggests). This last week, I worked really hard to use some of the methods in music (why I hadn't thought of that before, I have no idea) with THE class. We did "mirror with words" a lot. I used it to teach the key words BEAT and RHYTHM. It worked so well that I am scrambling to find more key words to teach in music. We also did many "ten finger woos" and they ate it up. THE class had the best week in music since I've been teaching them.

2. Last Saturday, my husband and son entered their cars in a local car show. Both of the cars are "unfinished" but I'm so glad they finally entered (hubby has been talking about it for years...like 18 years). He has a 1970 Chevelle with an extreme engine (see below).



My son has a Camaro that he hopes will one day look like the old Bumblebee off of Transformers.



3. I may have sent this picture to one of my K-State fan friends just to show off my new shirt. 



That friend may have responded with:

"Thanks for ruining my computer. I threw up all over the keyboard when I saw the big Jayhawk!"

LOL!

Just to be clear, I do not watch football. Just basketball so I have no idea how the Jayhawks are doing right now.

Also, I cheer on all Kansas schools (even the Wildcats) unless they are playing my Jayhawks.

4. Speaking of Jayhawks, I ordered these nail wraps from Jamberry. Can't wait to sport them during basketball season this year!


 5. And finally, I'm definitely in school-mode. If we are home--meaning no cross country meet, volleyball match, church activity, or something else--I am in bed by 9:00. It is helping me stay dedicated to my morning workouts though! ;-)





Well, that's all I've got for this week! Have a great weekend!




P.S. Bex at Reading and Writing Redhead is having a birthday celebration giveaway. Kristi and I are donating toward the prizes. Be sure to check it out!



1 comment:

  1. If I can be in bed between 8:00 and 9:00 I'm a happy camper. Sometimes a book gets in the way though. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.