Home Image Map

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Wisdom for Wednesday - Faithfulness

Good morning! I'm glad you stopped in for a little mid-week Wisdom. I know that I always need to refocus mid-week, and this week is no exception. At our basketball game last night, it felt like Friday already if that tells you anything about the week I'm having. Ha!

My own kids (and many at school) have been battling what I'm pretty sure is the flu. Both are on the mend now...I think. Not fun. Not fun at all. So far my husband and I have remained healthy...

Anyway...

I stumbled upon this quote by Jim Berg in his book God is More than Enough



Take a moment and let that sink in, would you? I know I had to... I read it over quickly at first. However, after thinking about it, I realized just how much truth is in that little quote. 

We must have a clear picture of God's faithfulness if we are to live the life of faith that God wants from us. We must know God is faithful. We must believe that He can and will carry out the promises He has given us in His Word.

He is faithful to forgive us from our sins. He is faithful to provide an eternal home is heaven. He is faithful to be with us through trials and temptations. He is faithful to guide and direct our steps. He is faithful to watch over us. He is faithful to care for us. He is faithful to keep His promises.

God is faithful!

Berg goes on to say, "God's promises will have little impact upon you if you do not believe He is faithful."

We must believe God is faithful to keep His promises. When we believe that, we can't help but live a life of faith. His faithfulness fuels--drives--our faithfulness. It motivates us to keep trusting, to keep pressing on, to keep moving forward in our walk with Him.

God is faithful!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.