Home Image Map

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Wisdom for Wednesday - Let it Go!

Hi there! As my summer vacation draws to a close, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with everything that I have to get done. I know many of you feel the same way, so I'm reposting an oldie but a good reminder for us all during this busy back-to-school season. 

Originally posted 12/16/15 with my current thoughts in blue:

Good morning!

I have to admit that as I'm struggling through another busy back-to-school season week before Christmas break (this time fighting a cold or sinus infection), I'm having a little trouble finding some wisdom to share with you. Fortunately, it is not my wisdom we're relying on! ;-)


This is one of those times of year when everything gets crazy busy and I start to feel overwhelmed. 

I'm sure I'm not alone.

That's why when I saw this in my devotional, I thought it was perfect for today.


Spurgeon goes on to say, "If you set the Lord before you, there is fullness of joy in God's every attribute. There is heaven in every glimpse of Jesus' face, overwhelming bliss in every drop of Jehovah's everlasting love. You will not fail. You will not be discouraged."

Let everything go.

All those distractions, pressures, and deadlines.

Or the added pressures of the Christmas back-to-school season.

Shopping, wrapping, decorating, and baking...

Decorating and setting up classrooms, meeting new students and parents, lesson planning, meetings (and more lesson planning and more meetings)…


Obviously, we can't ignore those things completely. 
We must take care of our responsibilities. 
I think the lesson here is that we not allow those things to burden us, to become our focus.

Isaiah 41:10 says, "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Have a blessed day!



P.S.  It helps if you belt out the song "Let it go!" from Frozen at random moments when you are feeling stress. And prayer. Lots of prayer. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I found the "I have who has tally marks" game on pinterest, but I can't find it to download. Could you please let me know where the best place to find that would be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa, if you could send me your email address and I can send them to you! Thanks! Kristi

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.