Home Image Map

Monday, August 8, 2016

Beginning Room Setup

I went into my classroom on Sunday and began to set up the room a little bit.  It amazes me how long it can take me to do just a few things.  I was there for about 3 hours and when I looked around....I wondered what all I had done and didn't quite understand why what I did had taken me so long.  LOL!

This year we are doing a new theme-GAMES.  I found a cute scrabble classroom decoration theme on TPT from Alison Hislop.  Some of the things that I needed weren't in her packet, but she was very kind and helped me out to make some items that I needed in the classroom.  Here is what I have done so far:


Labels for the boys and girls' bathrooms-I love having bathrooms in the classroom!

This is up on the board for when the students come in.  It is the routine for them to follow when they come in first thing in the mornings.

This is our class stuffed animal named George.  He watches for someone following the rules to sit with during the day.  Towards the middle of the year, he starts going home with the kids and they write about what they do with him at home.

Some of my whole brain sayings.

The left side shows my ten frames where I use the tens frames to give points to boys, girls, class and teacher.  On the right side is where I will post my objectives.

Sticker Chart-If the student doesn't move his/her clip down for the day they will get a sticker.  When they earn 10 stickers they get to pick from the prize chart.

Prize chart that students will pick from after getting 10 stickers.

 Calendar

Word Wall

Birthday Balloons




AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST-
you just can't start a year without that burn and blister that you get from the hot glue gun!


I got some done but realized I have A LOT more to do to be ready to go!

Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.