Home Image Map

Sunday, June 5, 2016

DIY Headboard

 Hey there!

I'm happy to report that I am ALMOST back to normal as far as my back/neck is concerned. 

So thankful! 

The kids and I are headed to Washington DC this week and I was so worried I'd be miserable. I'll be having shoulder surgery when we get back, so Kristi will be keeping up the blog without me for a couple of weeks.

I was able to complete one of the things on my to-do list for this summer...making a headboard.

Confession...My husband and I have been married almost 20 years and we have never had a headboard unless you count the waterbed we had for a couple of years.

Anyway, we got a new king-sized bed last summer and I had made up my mind that I was going to make a headboard. I went to Pinterest (where else?) and found a bunch of options, but eventually settled on this one. Plans are included at the link, but I had to adapt them for our king-size bed.

 What can I say? I have amazing kids! 
They were more than willing to help me make the cuts.
 

The boards are pine 1x4s, 1x2s, and 1x6s cut to various lengths so that not joints match up.

 

We chose three different stain colors: Cherry (light), Ebony (medium), and Dark Walnut (dark). 

 

My husband finished putting it together for me. 
He knew I wanted to see the finished project before we left on our trip and I was in no shape to keep working on it!


I realize that this picture would be much more dramatic in my bedroom, but you get the idea. :-)

I'm thrilled with the way it turned out--and for only $60! 

Side tables up next, but I'll probably need even more help with my arm in a brace... Hmmm...

Here's hoping the kids and hubby are still feeling so helpful! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.