Home Image Map

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Wisdom for Wednesday-Be Kind

Welcome to:

The other day after work I stopped at the store to get a couple of things.  I had a long day and was very tired and the last thing I wanted to do was go to the store.  To be honest, I wanted to go straight home and go to bed!  As I was walking through the store, an elderly lady passed me and I smiled at her.  I kept going and there she was again in the next aisle and I smiled at her again.  She walked up to me and said "I wanted to say thank you to you."  I didn't know why she would be thanking me....I didn't do anything.  I asked her why and she then told me that it had been one of her worst days for her in her entire life.  She had gotten some bad news about her health.  She had been to several places that day and walked by several people and she said that not one of them smiled at her or even took the time to glance over at her.  She told me that when I smiled at her, things seemed a lot better.  I was amazed that something so simple could impact someone.  I too was having a hard day, but really smiling at someone doesn't take much.  I was so glad that I had smiled at her and helped her feel a little better.  The next day, I saw this quote and thought it was very fitting!


A simple smile that doesn't take a lot of work can mean the world to someone.  So, take time to smile at others and be kind because you don't know what they may be dealing with in their lives.

Have a great day!


1 comment:

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.