Home Image Map

Monday, November 30, 2015

More Sight Word Fun!

I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving!  We started back in school today after our break.  I introduced the kids to Match Mine (Kagan Cooperative Learning Strategy) with our sight words this week.  The kids loved it!  

In match mine you have the students pair up and each student gets a paper with drawings or symbols on it. They put up a folder between them so they can't see each others paper. One student starts and they gave the other student directions on where to put a sight word.  For example:  I had 2 rows of circles and one would say put the word people (sight word) on the first circle on the first row.  Once they had placed all the words on their paper, then they removed the folder and checked to see if their papers matched and looked the same.  This not only helped with practicing our sight words but it also worked on following directions and giving directions.  They got really excited when their papers matched.  Here they are:





I'm excited that TPT is getting in on the Cyber Sale fun! I need to get my shopping done there before it ends!

Only 29 hours and 57 minutes left for their Cyber Sale!

Happy Shopping!




2 comments:

  1. That is such a cool idea, Kristi. Thank you! I'm saving it to my Evernote plans so I won't forget it tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think I need to start saving things right away too because I always forget by the next day!! :-) Kristi

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.