Home Image Map

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Wisdom for Wednesday - Quietness and Confidence

Good morning!

I'm glad you popped in for a little Wisdom today.



Take a look:


Charles Spurgeon says in Beside Still Waters, "This is a truth concerning all the trials and troubles of this life."

Our trials may be work related. They may be our health or the health of a loved one. Maybe financial. The trials we face could be any number of things, but Spurgeon calls these "secondary matters." Secondary because no matter what trials and troubles we are going through, our focus should remain on our relationship with the Lord.

Spurgeon goes on to say, "Fussing, worrying, and hurrying will do no good." 

I love that statement! 
Why? 
Because of my tendency to do just that! 

I know fussing, worrying, and hurrying will do me absolutely no good during a difficult time. Instead I must put my trust in the Lord and wait. I must be quiet (calm) and confident in the Lord to see me through in whatever way will be best for me. That is where I will find strength to endure the troubles and trials I face!

Have a blessed day!




3 comments:

  1. Great reminder for this time of year. Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely and truthfully stated. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both those words - quietness and confidence. Good words.

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.