Yay! I finally finished one of the projects that I wanted to get done this summer. We purchased a new comforter for our bed several months ago and our curtains didn't match it. I looked at various curtains and also roman blinds. After looking, I realized that roman blinds cost way too much for us and curtains aren't cheap either. I found some diy on making your own roman blinds so I decided to give it a try. I used the curtains that we had and started by using rit dye to dye them a color that would match our comforter. This was scary in itself because I had never used dye before. I was thrilled when it turned out the color that I wanted. My husband even kept saying.....you bought these didn't you? He didn't believe at first that they were actually our old curtains. Now, I'm thinking of all the things that I want to dye....LOL!
I then purchased cheap vinyl blinds from Wal-Mart and got started. Of course, they make it look easy and say it is fast and simple. UMMMMMM......not for this not crafty person. It took awhile but once I got the hang of it and got one done, the other 2 weren't so bad. I also had a great helper that was very helpful in making the blinds......NOT!!! My cat thought he needed to come assist and by assist I mean come and lay on the blinds and play with strings!
The finished result wasn't too bad and considering that each roman blind that I made cost me around $5 a piece, I was pretty happy about it!
I will say when I finished the 3 blinds, I was pretty tired and so was my helper as you can see below!
The following is the directions that I used to follow to make these blinds.
Sorry that this has nothing to do with education, but this week is a pretty busy week for me and I decided that I'm taking a break from school stuff and will get back to it next week.
Have a great day!