Home Image Map

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Post-Op Update, Big 12 Tourney, and Spring Break is (officially) HERE!

Hi all! 

I first want to thank every one for the prayers and well-wishes for my son. His knee surgery went "perfect" according to the doctor. They did have to stitch the meniscus which means a more restrictive healing process--he is locked nearly straight-legged in a brace for the next six weeks and can't put any weight on it. 

Here he is trying to bend his knee…working toward a mere 30 degrees.

He started physical therapy on Friday and is doing well with it. It is hard for this mama to watch though…and believe me, I am not the babying type! It just amazes me how much muscle he has lost in his leg already and how difficult the seemingly simple physical therapy exercises are for him. The therapist said that he is actually starting slower because of the meniscus. If it had just been the ACL surgery, they would have started much more intense with therapy. Yikes!

Because he was doing so well after surgery, hubby and I were able to go and support the Jayhawks at the Big 12 tournament (thanks to grandmas who were willing to look after Chaz).

We continue to be bad at taking selfies…what can I say?
Could not even believe we gave up a 17 point lead to Iowa State in the championship, but I really don't want to talk about that…Ha!


The tournament is always fun. There are booths with freebies and picture opportunities…hubby and I jumped in with Sherron Collins and got his autograph for the kids.

Now spring break is officially here!

What will I do with myself? 

I'm not really sure, but I know a lot of PT appointments are in our near future.

Have a great week!



2 comments:

  1. So glad your son's surgery went well and that he is progressing with his physical therapy! I will still keep him in my prayers for a FULL speedy recovery!

    Enjoy your spring break....our spring break started Friday! WAAAAHOO!!!!

    Katie
    Mind Sparks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the good report!

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.