Home Image Map

Monday, September 29, 2014

Record Keeping Troubles

Well, I always thought that I had a pretty good ok system going on keeping track of who had turned in what work until the other day when I was looking at my spreadsheet.  WOW!!!  It looked like I had what looked like a million check marks.  I was overwhelmed!  It had always worked well for me in the past, but this year I have 22 students and it was showing a lot of check marks.  So, here is what I have done in the past-on an excel spreadsheet I have all the students names listed on the side and up at the top I have all the assignments that have been given for the week.  Once the student has turned it in with no corrections I put a check mark on the assignment by their name.  Every week right now there are about 15 assignments-hmmm... well that would be about 330 check marks if all the students completed the assignments, no wonder I was feeling a bit overwhelmed.

I am now on the hunt for a better system to do this record keeping.  Something that will not be so overwhelming.  I need help with this and would love for you to let me know how you keep track of who completes what work throughout the week.  I'm not the best at organizing things so I'm hoping to find a very organized system to do this record keeping.  I look forward to hearing about your system.

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.