Home Image Map

Friday, September 5, 2014

Daily 5 Progress and Math Rotations - Five for Friday!

Happy Friday! 


I tell you with Labor Day off this week, I had my days all messed up and strangely it seemed like a longer week than normal. Short weeks are always like that for me though!

So here's what we've been up to in 2nd grade:


We went over Check for Understanding again before we started practicing Read to Someone. We only have one thing left for next week - Listen to Reading. 


These kids are rocking out the Daily 5! Don't hate me, but we were doing 15 minutes of Read to Self the 2nd day!!! Thank you, dear first grade teacher! :-)

Today I even tried some math rotations...



This is group is playing our I Have...Who Has...? Time to the Hour and Half-Hour gameIt is our all-time best seller and I can understand why--great for 1st grade and the beginning of 2nd grade! :-) Also available in our Telling Time Mega Pack


This group is working in their Interactive Notebooks. They are loving these things and so am I! The students are so engaged--all of them and all the time. These pages come from the math INB pack I'm working on, but I'm kid-testing (and teacher-testing) it before I list it. :-)



This group is working with pattern blocks. First they had to cover some shapes on a paper from Saxon and then I let them explore (play) the rest of the time.


These two are practicing one of the card games from Dealing with Math Homework. I have had a great response on what I'm calling STAR Homework (idea from Amanda Madden). I've adapted it a bit for me, but the kids and their parents are loving playing these math games and the new style of homework in general.

Don't forget to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching!

Have a restful weekend!





2 comments:

  1. Before I got further into your post, I was wondering if your first grade teacher did Daily 5. Then I found that they did. With a year of it under their belts, it must make for such an easy transition in 2nd. Sweet!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is the first time I've had the luxury of kids coming to me with experience in Daily 5. Makes a world of difference!

      Crystal

      Delete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.