Home Image Map

Monday, September 10, 2012

10 Frame Fun and I Love Pinterest!


I just love Pinterest! Today we talked about ten frames and I used some ideas that I copied right off of that wonderful site.
Here’s a peek:





 
I couldn’t find the original “Pinspiration” for this, but the kids loved the idea of getting to paint the dots instead of coloring or using counters. Also, it was a perfect motivator for my students to get their FIRST EVER Math Box (Everyday Math) done. Those can be horrible, but my firsties were so motivated to paint they worked hard – well, most of them. J
I also used this idea to introduce the concept of Ten-Frames, but I forgot to take pictures during the lesson. You tape two ten frames on your floor and use the kiddos as counters. They loved it – anything to be up and moving!
I, on the other hand, was ready for them to settle back into their seats and work on the Math Box and painting ten frames page. Ha ha!
Have a great evening!
Crystal

1 comment:

  1. I just saw that idea of taping the ten frames to the floor on a blog today. How clever. I bet the kids love it.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.