Home Image Map

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Wisdom for Wednesday - Doing What is Right

Good morning!

I hope you're having a wonderful week. 

I'm hanging in there…last week of coaching basketball. We play tomorrow in the semi-finals and then Saturday for 1st or 3rd. I will miss coaching, but I'm excited not to have to rush out of my classroom each day again. Although I've told myself I shouldn't be staying too late either! 

My son will still have games in high school, but having the middle school season end will definitely calm things down around here.

Thanks for stopping by for another:




Take a look:


How true this is!

Doing right is definitely not always easy. There are times when the "wrong" thing seems so much easier. Maybe because it requires less time, less confrontation, or less risk.

And, oh, the sacrifice! 

We may have to sacrifice many things in order to do right - our time, our desires, our relationship with others.
Sometimes we may even have to sacrifice our pride and admit our wrongdoing in order to right. Ouch! 

 Doing right may not be easy, and it may require sacrifice. But I'm going to continue striving to do right and try to teach my children (at home and at school) to do the same.

My verse for this year is Psalm 19:14.
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

If my mouth--and the meditation of my heart--are acceptable to the Lord, I think I will be on my way to doing right (even when it isn't easy and requires some sacrifices).

What about you?





2 comments:

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.