Home Image Map

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Wisdom for Wednesday - Leaving God Out

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by for...





When I saw this quote, I knew I needed to use it for this week's post. This time of year, it is all too common to see the world "leaving God out" of the holiday season.

That said, I have to admit that I sometimes "leave God out" and handle life in my own way. I start each morning with the Lord--in His Word and in prayer--but then when I am bombarded with the "stuff" of the day I often make decisions and go through the motions of the day without consulting the Lord. 

This is something that became more of a struggle for me when I became a teacher. I have found that you are rarely alone during the day when you are a teacher, there is rarely any "quiet time." If I'm lucky enough to have "alone time" or "quiet time," I am rushing around to get ready for the next thing (or using the restroom--HA).

I have to make a decision--on purpose--to take a few minutes during the day to check in with the Lord. When I do, my day just seems to go so much better. My attitude is better because I'm able to keep things in proper perspective. Not to mention I'm not trying to handle things on my own or in my own way--and His way is always best!

Have a blessed day!






1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful reminder because it's certainly so easy to get caught up in the rush of the day.

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.